Community Center Rules
COMMUNITY CENTER RULES: General
- Persons who are members of a household in which the owner Member or Tenant Associate Member is not in good standing, will not be permitted to use the Center.
- Upon entering the Center, all persons must display their Assocoation identification. Identification badges are also required when using the Community Center common areas.
- Children, under twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult member and shall be responsible for the child’s behavior while in the Community Center.
4. All persons utilizing the Community Center (hereinafter referred to as “Center”), must obey all rules of the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, Pennsylvania Food Laws and Emerald Lakes Association.
5. The Community Manager, or assignee (i.e., Manager on Duty) is in charge of the Center and is responsible for the enforcement of all Association Rules and Regulations at the Center. The Manager on Duty (MOD) also is responsibe to maintain the activities and conditions at the Center in such a way as to maximize the safety, well-being and good order of all persons using the Center. The MOD’s decisions and actions relative to the functioning and/or closing of the Center or any disciplinary action taken against any person or persons shall be considered to be final at the time imposed. Persons who believe that they have been unfairly treated may file a formal written complaint in accordance with standard Association Appeals Procedures.
6. By way of definition, the Center shall be considered as the Common Area and the Community Recreational Facility bounded by Clearview Drive, Glade Drive, Doe Drive and Lot Numbers 5387 and 5404, including but not limited to: Community Center/Indoor Pool structure, parking lot, lawn areas, playground areas, tennis courts, basketball courts, driveway, sidewalks and uncleared Common Area land.
7. Use of the Center is reserved exclusively for the following:
7.1 Association Members (Emerald Lakes property owners of record);
7.2 Their Family Members; their Guests
7.3 their Tenants, who have been approved for and have purchased Associate Member identification from the Association; and
7.4 Associate Member Guests.
8. The owner of rental property must be a Member in good standing as a prerequisite for the Tenants to be considered eligible for Associate Membership. Should a rental property owner lose his/her good standing status, the Associate Membership of Tenants will be terminated.
9. Guests must be accompanied by a Member in good standing.
10. Members or Associate Members in good standing who do not have their Association identification with them, must have their status verified and be issued a temporary ID at a nominal fee.
11. Members who have entered the Center and have been logged in will not be required to log in on subsequent visits the same day providing they are recognized by the reception desk attendant who originally registered these entrances. Should another desk attendant be on duty, a new log will be opened and all persons must register on the new log, even if the Member had been logged in on a prior shift that same day.
12. Food snacks or beverages may not be brought into the Center without the permission of the Manager on Duty. Any clean-up necessary as a result of items brought into the Center will be the responsibility of persons bringing the items in.
13. Appropriate attire is required of all persons using the Center. Bathing attire is only permitted in the pool and locker room area. The use of any other part of the Center will be denied to persons who are shirtless or shoeless.
13a. Proper attire must be worn at all times in the restroom. No nudity allowed. When coming out of the shower a towel must be worn, when using the sauna you must wear a cover up of some sort. A $500.00 fine will be issued if you do not abide to these rules.
13b. Harassment, aggression or the use of derogatory language towards our staff or community members will not be tolerated. If you continue with this misconduct a $500.00 fine will be issued.
14. With the exception of guide dogs, pets are not allowed in the Center.
15. The use of skateboards or roller blades is not permitted in the Center or common ground.
16. Any person causing, performing or connected with a prohibited act may receive a fine or may have his/her amenity privileges suspended. Such suspension may be initiated by the staff on duty, may take effect immediately, and shall remain in effect for the period of time specified by the staff or until such a time as the Board of Directors may meet, review and modify the length of time of such suspension.
17. Anyone vandalizing or stealing any property and/or the parent or host of anyone vandalizing or stealing property will be immediately suspended from all amenity areas for no less than 90 days. Restitution will be required and the Emerald Lakes Association reserves the right to prosecute any such person.
18. Vehicles are required to park in the parking lot. Vehicles (other than emergency vehicles) are not permitted to be parked in the driveway at the Center entrance. Vehicles may stop for the purpose of loading or unloading. Should a driver leave a vehicle in the driveway, the headlights must be turned on.
19. Vehicles may not be parked on the walkways leading to the Center. This shall also apply to bicycles or any such similar conveyance.
20. The speed and acceleration of vehicles shall be reasonable. Drivers who operate their vehicle with excessive speed or acceleration that causes flying gravel or sliding of the vehicle on dry, wet or snow and ice covered surface shall be subject to disciplinary action. This behavior causes safety hazard and potential property damage. Persons found to be engaged in such activity will be subject to 90 days loss of amenity use and/or criminal prosecution and restitution for any property damage.
21. Drivers may not use vehicles for the purpose of “cruising” on Center property or for repeated passing of Center property. Excessive noise from amplified music or engine exhaust is prohibited.
22. Loitering is not permitted on Center property.
1. Only Members and Associate Members 21 years of age and older may purchase alcoholic beverages. Guests may not purchase alcoholic beverages. (This is a requirement of our Pennsylvania club license).
2. Only persons 21 years of age and older may consume alcoholic beverages on the premises. Pennsylvania L.C.B. or photo driver’s license ID will be accepted as proof of age.
3. Persons under the age of 21 are not permitted in the Bar Area.
4. While the children are at the Community Center, they must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times. No child under the age of 21 years is allowed into the bar area at any time. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in a fine and asked to leave the bar area.
5. SMOKING RULES: Smoking is permitted in the Bar Area during designated hours. Smoking is allowed outside the Community Center in the designated area only.
- The Lounge Area is identified as that area in front of the fireplace from the Bar Area portion to the Entertainment Center.
- The Entertainment Center houses the large TV and stereo system. This equipment may be operated only by the staff or persons designated by the Manager on Duty.
- Only videos of the proper classification for the persons in attendance may be played on the TV.
1. Caution – The Sauna should be used at Your Own Risk.
2. Persons with the following conditions should consult their physician before entering the Sauna:
High Blood Pressure
3. Sauna should not be used during consumption of alcohol or drugs.
4. No one under the age of 16 years is allowed in the Sauna.
5. Do not exceed 25 minutes in the Sauna.
6. Drink plenty of fluids before and after.
7. Allow 5 minutes after exercise to cool down.
8. Please shower before entering.
9. Use a towel or mat to avoid moisture getting into the wood.
10. Swimsuits or a towel must be worn. No nudity allowed.
11. Warning: To reduce the risk of overheating, please do the following:
11.1 Exit immediately if uncomfortable, dizzy or sleepy. Staying too long in a heated area may cause the body to overheat.
11.2 Check with doctor before use if pregnant, in poor health, or under medical care.
11.3 Breathing heated air in conjunction with consumption of alcohol, drugs or medication may cause unconsciousness.
12. No debris of any kind is to remain in the Sauna/Rest Rooms.
All children under 18 years of age are restricted from the Common Areas and Community Recreational Facilities (which include roads, Community Center, lakes, pools, basketball courts, beaches, tennis courts and picnic areas (after 10:00 PM). Children are not permitted in the Community Center and Common Areas at 10:00 PM with the exception of Association functions where children are permitted to attend.