Association Members who own a residence in the Emerald Lakes Community may rent, lease or make available to others their residence. To protect the rights and well-being of all Association Members, and for the good of the Community-at-large, the Association requests that Members, who choose to rent their residences, either directly or through a rental agency, carefully screen their prospective Tenants as to character, responsibility and legal age.
1. Member/Landlord, or his/her rental agent, shall complete a MEMBER’S INTENT TO RENT form prior to each rental of their property and submit it to the Association’s Administration Office. The Association reserves the right to charge a registration fee as determined by the Board of Directors.
2. Member/Landlord shall NOT lend his/her own Association-issued identification for use by the Tenants, but may purchase Association-issued Tenant identification, if desired.
3. Member/Landlord shall be held legally and financially responsible to the Association for any and all damages caused the Common Areas and Community Recreational Facilities by the actions of the Tenants and Tenant’s Guests, as well as for violations of the Association’s Rules and Regulations by the Tenants, to the extent that such damages or violation fines are not collected directly from the Tenants.
4. Member/Landlord must advise his/her renters that they are liable for any fines incurred for cutting down trees prior to receipt of written approval as this is a violation of our Rules and Regulations.
1. Each Tenant (renting party) shall complete a RENTER’S REGISTRATION FORM, and submit it, along with a copy of the signed rental/lease agreement to the Association’s Administration Office prior to the commencement of the rental period. The Association reserves the right to charge a registration fee as determined by the Board of Directors.
2. Each registered Tenant will be given TENANT’S IDENTIFICATION CARD, a copy of the Association’s Rules and Regulations, maps and other documents to make their stay in the Community more enjoyable.
3. Each registered Tenant shall obtain Association-issued identification for each person in the renting party age 6 or older (providing the Member/Landlord, or his/her rental agent has not furnished same) by paying an administration fee established by the Board of Directors. (This ID is required to use the Community’s private roads and gain access to other Common Areas and Community Recreational Facilities).
4. Tenants shall abide by the Association’s Rules and Regulations and shall be held legally and financially responsible to the Association for any and all violations thereof as well as for any damages caused to the Common Areas and Community Recreational Facilities.
5. Tenants may not sublet the property as a unit or any part thereof.
6. The lease agreement should grant the Association the power to evict a Tenant by amicable confession of ejection should the Tenant violate the Rules and Regulations of the Association.
7. Any home that is rented must be rented in its entirety to one tenant family and may not be occupied in any part by the Property Owner during the rental period.
8. Association-issued identification should be worn by the Tenants, or be available to be shown when requested by authorized personnel at all times while using the Community Recreational Facilities.