Agenda for the Aug. 25th Annual Meeting
Update: (8/21/12): There has been an issue raised about the legality of this agenda based on our Bylaws, Article VIII, Section 6. We will publish an updated agenda if and when we receive one. Also, we would like to remind ELA members that registration for voting is between 9:30 and 11 am and only registered members will be allowed to vote.
August 25, 2012
Welcome to the 36TH Annual Meeting of the Association for 2012
ORDER OF BUSINESS
Running from the Floor? Please bring nominating petitions to the Judge-of-Elections!
2. Re-state the Annual Meeting agenda – vote for By-Law changes – election of three (3) Directors
3. Approve minutes of August 27, 2011
4. Explanation of ballots – Maryann O’Leary, Chairman of Elections Committee (re-state procedure for running from floor)
5. Meeting Ground Rules:
a. Robert’s Rules of Order and By-Laws govern;
b. Three (3) minutes will be allowed for each Board candidate and candidates running from the floor.
6. Assign Sergeant-at-Arms
7. Intro of Candidates (including from floor candidates) – Dale Wash, Chair, Nominating Comm.
8. Candidates Statement (3 minutes max. each)
9. Explanation of voting instructions – Carmen Brodnax, Judge-of-Elections
10. Opening of polls for Directors & By-Law Changes
11. Voting – Board of Directors & By-Law Changes
12. Manager’s Report (Allen Roth)
13. Financial Report – Earl Frank, Treasurer
14. Raymond Zavada, CPA – annual audit
15. George Hludzik, Esq. – collections
16. Presentation of Awards
17. Q&A – General Membership
a. Voting members must rise, give their name and lot number and be recognized before speaking;
b. Two (2) minutes allotted to each speaker (total of 4 speakers per issue during the Q&A)
18. VOTING Results
19. Announcements / Adjournment
Posted on August 18, 2012, in BOD Meetings, ELA Events and tagged Annual general meeting, Board of directors, Campaigns and Elections, Chairman, Emerald Lakes Association, Pledge of Allegiance, Politics, United States, Voting. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.